It’s crazy what we can accomplish when we really set our minds to something. When all distractions are eliminated and focus is at its peak we’re able to accomplish so much it’s ironic we accomplish so little.
What do you want to get done today? What’s today’s top priority? If you could reflect at the end of the day what is it you want to say you did?
It’s difficult. Not everyone knows what it is they want to accomplish. Most of us have been laying back and relaxing so long we forget we’re capable of achieving.
We neglect ourselves till our self-worth is diminished and we no longer value ourselves. When we neglect action we begin to believe life’s opportunities are based on luck. We begin to believe all power is out of control and things will never change.
Wake up with a sense of purpose. Where do you want to be within a week’s time? A month’s time? Start to live according to your plans.
Follow your word. Your word is everything to yourself and others.
What is your word? Your word is following through with whatever it is you say you’re going to do. Your word is integrity.
Your word builds other people’s faith in you. Without following through on your word you become unreliable and toxic anchor. Following through with your word you can build the greatest of plans. Following through with your word you can build the strongest of support systems and a favorable reputation.
Where to Begin:
1) Write things down. More often then not we have so much on our plate our brain decides out with the old in with the new. We begin to discard thoughts that deem unimportant to the current situation. If you can’t take action now write it down and take action when the opportunity presents itself.
2) Be honest with yourself and others. Part of following your word is not offering false promises. We have to be honest with what we are truly capable of so we don’t overpromise. Be humble, more often then not its better to undersell that way you can exceed expectations.
3) Have good intentions & strong morals. Life is full of different influences, don’t let them distract you and throw you off. Living according to your values and purpose will become its own reward over time. Don’t deviate.
4) Hope for the best but be realistic. Don’t let doubt limit your potential. When you say you’re going to do something do it with a positive and open mind, don’t let stress get in the way. Choose not to complain or dwell but rather to look at the situation in a new light.
5) Remember the concept of karma. Do unto others as you wish to be done unto yourself. Live life in a purposeful way and gradually you’ll build a network of like-minded individuals. There world is full of infinite possibilities and the internet offers many ways to find social groups. Choose to create and publish, find your niche. Don’t be limited to your local community, get out there.
Remember you can build true value by living through your word. Choose to lead by example, not everyone is ready to live in such a way. Don’t procrastinate, start taking action and conquer anything that plagues you. Don’t let fear stand in the way from you living the life you’ve dreamed of. Start with little steps and begin from there, life doesn’t get easier we just get wiser and better at managing it.
Remember this concept of self-esteem and don’t forget it:
“Self-esteem is like a difficult-to-cultivate flower. It requires frequent nurturing that occurs when you keep your word and follow through on your promises.” Derrick Bell