No one said life was easy and it’s apparent its not. If there was one guide to living the best life then no other guide would ever need to be made. If there was a magic pill or some easy way I would have found it by now but trust me there isn’t.
We all search for answers to please us. We question ourselves, we question our purpose. Some of us over time lose ourselves and begin to question our values. Through this self examination we become fixated on things we cannot change rather than things we can. We begin paralyzing ourselves while reflecting on the past or living in hope of the future.
We become our own worst enemies battling with our minds for what we want.
Why do people experience crisis in their lives?
People experience crisis in their lives because they can’t accept the truth of reality. Reality is hard. Reality is tough. More often then not these people have been disillusioned for a greater portion of their lives and are in tough hole to get out of. Inevitably these people come to experience “reality checks” and realize that their life is nothing that they had planned.
If you don’t give yourself direction the wind will decide for you. Happiness and success isn’t something you just stumble upon its something you strive towards. Living without a plan is like shooting at a dart board with a blindfold on. You may hit your mark but most likely you’re shooting blindly and odds are you’ll never come close to your target.
Guidelines to Managing Action
- Set daily, monthly, annual and long-term goals.
- Evaluate your current self. How do you currently spend your time? What could you be doing differently? Can resources be leveraged differently? More efficiently? What are your biggest distractions? Can you practice moderation?
- Rely on lists. Forget about the traditional to-do lists, instead make day or time specific lists. Any task that is “iffy” in terms of being completed can be organized in a “Someday/Maybe” list.
- Have a system for your lists. Have a filing system and specific categories. Some categories could possibly be a “projects” list, a “next actions” list and a “waiting for” list.
- Evaluate based on a weekly review. Ensure your brain is clear and all loose strands of the past few days have been collected, processed, and organized.
Its ALL ABOUT YOU!
Remember that your quality life will look different from my quality life. We are all unique and have different needs and wants from one another. Don’t steal someone else’s vision, create your own. Establish what’s important to you and what’s worth working towards.
Create a system to reach your desired goals. Be specific with the action steps you need to take to get there. Again, consider making lists to identify the new changes you’ll need to make.
Action Steps to Reinventing & Modifying Behaviour
- Wake Up Early.
- Make lists everyday.
- Prioritize your tasks.
- Complete your lists.
- Do the hardest tasks first.
- Tidy & remove all clutter.
- Think rich. (upbeat, positive and focused)
- Save 10-20% of your income.
- Control your thoughts and emotions.
- Schedule uninterrupted blocks of time.
- Read & improve your knowledge.
- Work in 20 minute spurts.
- Spend less time sitting.
Reinventing yourself takes time don’t move away from the process. Start today not tomorrow. If you can’t take action at this very moment plan proactively. Learn to be reliable and to count on yourself. Get your energy levels up and be healthy. Unplug from all electronics and find quiet time to recharge. There’s no success without failure, take everything you’ve learnt and let it change you. Focus on changing your inner self and the outer world will follow.